General diploma programs admission requirement for international students are as follows:
Canada & USA: High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript, or equivalent.
British education system: General Certificate of Education showing passes in six (6) academic subjects (including English) at the Ordinary level.
Caribbean countries (English): High school diploma and transcript, or equivalent.
West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc.): WAEC (or NECO) transcript with online verifying scratch card number and PIN required.
South Asia (Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, etc.): High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript. IELTS 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0, or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Level 51, or TOEFL paper-based test (PBT) score of 500, or internet-based test (iBT) score of 61, or computer-based test (CBT) score of 173.
India: High school diploma and Grade 12 transcript. IELTS 6.0 with no band lower than 5.5, or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Level 51, proficiency tests must have been taken within the previous two years from the date of submitting application.
Other regions (English proficiency test required)
- High school diploma/graduation certificate and transcript or equivalent in original language and English translation.
- English proficiency requirement: TOEFL iBT 61, IELTS (overall band) 5.5, or PTE (Pearson Test of English) Level 51
- For information about IELTS, see International English Language Testing System.
- Applicants who do not have the minimum TOEFL or IELTS score will be required to write the English Proficiency Test (CanTEST) after arrival at the College. Students who do not pass the CanTEST will need to register in the St. Clair College English as a Second Language (ESL) program prior to entering post-secondary programs.
- Pharmacy Technician - Click here to learn about the Language Proficiency Requirements for the Pharmacy Technician Program.