OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level plus:
Mature students - See Admission Procedures
In a building or infrastructure project, Construction Engineering Technicians play an important role at the construction site. Duties include estimating, testing or inspecting materials, performing construction surveys, interpreting and applying specifications and executing sketches from contract drawings, shop and CAD drawings. This program will appeal to students with an interest in construction. They must have technical problem solving skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Students receive a solid foundation in core construction engineering subjects with a balance of theory and practical knowledge.
- Recognized by the Ontario Association of Certified Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) allowing easier transition to certification and increased employability in both Canada and the U.S.
- Common first year between Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Engineering Technician and Architectural Technology allows for easy transfer between the three programs.
- Students have the opportunity to participate in extra-curricular activities such as the Canadian National Concrete Canoe Competition and Habitat for Humanity build projects.
Construction engineering technicians can fulfill a number of roles on the construction site. Positions include site supervisor, junior estimator, or, surveyor with general contractors, architectural and engineering firms. Opportunities also exist with building product manufacturing firms, sub-contractors and government agencies.
- Program Physical Demands Analysis: T036
The standard tuition and compulsory fees for the current academic year:
2017-2018 Tuition Fees
For programs with Experiential Learning (Work Placement/Internship): Costs for accommodation, if needed, travel and related expenses is at the student's own expense. It is recommended for most programs, that students have access to a laptop or desktop computer while away from home during experiential learning periods.
Textbooks and other materials are in addition to Tuition Fees. Textbook prices may be found through the Bookstore website.
Please be aware that tuition and compulsory fees are subject to adjustment each year. The College reserves the right to change, amend or alter fees as necessary without notice or prejudice.
Structural Steel Design
Drafting & Design
Estimating & Specifications
Coping with Disasters
General Education Elective
Reinforced Concrete and Masonry Design
Soil Mechanics - Intro
General Education Elective
Choose one of:
Students that will not be transferring into 3rd year Civil Engineering may choose to take CVL608 - Civil Estimating instead of MTH404 - Calculus II.