OSSD with the majority of courses at the College (C), University (U), University/College (M) or Open (O) level plus:
- Grade 12 Math (C) or (U)
- Senior level Physics recommended (C) or (U)
Mature students - See Admission Procedures
The Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician program prepares graduates for entry level positions in: Electrical, Refrigeration, Sheet Metal or Heating and Air Conditioning Industries. Technicians in these fields require sound mechanical and problem solving abilities.
- Apprenticeship possibilities following graduation in sheet metal, electrical or refrigeration and air conditioning trades.
- Curriculum follows the prescribed TSSA Gas Technician 3 and Gas Technician 2 syllabus, providing an opportunity to become a LICENSED GAS TECHNICIAN (external certification through TSSA).
- Eligible for Refrigeration Handling Certification (external certification through HRAI).
Apprenticeship possibilities and job prospects are excellent, with above average wages and steady employment. Graduates find work in heating, air conditioning, sheet metal, electrical and refrigeration contracting firms. Other opportunities include wholesale, distribution, parts and equipment manufacturing companies.
- Program Physical Demands Analysis: T207
The standard tuition and compulsory fees for the current academic year:
2017-2018 Tuition Fees
For programs with Experiential Learning (Work Placement/Internship): Costs for accommodation, if needed, travel and related expenses is at the student's own expense. It is recommended for most programs, that students have access to a laptop or desktop computer while away from home during experiential learning periods.
Textbooks and other materials are in addition to Tuition Fees. Textbook prices may be found through the Bookstore website.
Please be aware that tuition and compulsory fees are subject to adjustment each year. The College reserves the right to change, amend or alter fees as necessary without notice or prejudice.
Sheet Metal III
Mechanical Systems I
Introduction To Word-Processing Software
Introduction To Spreadsheet Software
Mechanical Systems II
Sheet Metal IV
Industrial Environmental Awareness
HRAC Electronic Instrumentation